Bean salad recipe
If you enjoyed the video please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel and don’t forget to click the bell icon so you get a notification every time we post a brand new video. Thank you!
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Bean salad recipeCourse: Sides, SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I love me a bean salad recipe that’s colorful, flavorful and FUN! this recipe has all of that and more. The combination of beans with the veggies create a celebration of textures. Then, it’s tossed in a lemon balsamic vinaigrette which is flavor in all its glory. All in all, this recipe is a keeper and the process insanely easy.
1/2 cup olive oil
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
3 TBSP lemon juice
1 ea lemon zest
1 tsp ground cumin
To taste salt or 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
To taste, ground black pepper
2 ea bell peppers (yellow and green)
1/2 ea medium red onion
2 roma tomato
1/2 cup basil, chiffonade
15 oz corn (1 can)
- Beans – cooked
15 oz black beans (1 can)
15 oz red beans (1 can)
15 oz white beans (1 can)
- Vinaigrette: in a small bowl, whisk is all the ingredients until well combined. Set aside until needed.
- Prep the veggies: Dice the bell peppers, onion and tomatoes. Cut the basil into thin strips (chiffonade.)
- Prep the beans: rinse and drain all of the beans.
- Mix: In a large bowl mix the beans, veggies and vinaigrette until well combined/ coated in the vinaigrette. Taste, add more salt if needed.
- Serve as a side dish to an entree. I specially enjoy it as an accompaniment to Carne asada.