Breakfast Casserole with ChorizoJump to Recipe
A breakfast casserole is a great dish to start your day with, and it will please your taste buds as well! Our breakfast casserole is made with layers of fluffy egg, delicious chorizo, crispy crunchy bacon, and glorious melted cheese that will turn into an amazing golden crust, once baked. It’s a great option for those hectic mornings where time is a deciding factor on what to eat for breakfast. Very easy to make ahead and definitely convenient. This breakfast casserole will win you over. No better way to kickoff the day than with a delicious, warm, and satisfying dish!
If you enjoyed the video please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel and don’t forget to click the bell icon so you get a notification every time we post a brand new video. Thank you!
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Breakfast Casserole with ChorizoCourse: BreakfastCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
A breakfast casserole is a great dish to start your day with, and it will please your taste buds as well! Our breakfast casserole is made with layers of fluffy egg, delicious chorizo, crispy crunchy bacon, and a glorious melted cheese that will turn into an amazing golden crust once baked. No better way to kickoff the day than with a delicious, warm, and satisfying dish!
8 oz bacon
1 lb pork chorizo
12 oz russet potato, season with ↓
(1/2 tsp salt, kosher and black pepper to taste)
1 ea bell pepper, orange
2 ea jalapeños peppers
1 ea white onion, medium
3 ea garlic cloves, peeled
8 ea eggs, large
3 ea cups whole milk
1 tsp salt, kosher
1/2 tsp black pepper , ground
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prep first: Keep the cuts as close in size as possible (bite size); except, for the garlic.
a. Slice the bacon.
b. Remove the chorizo from the casing, place inside a bowl and break apart.
c. Small dice the potato. Peel first if you like.
d. Remove stem and seeds from the peppers. Then, dice them.
e. Dice the onion.
f. Mince the garlic cloves.
g. Mix both the mozzarella and cheddar cheese until evenly distributed.
Place in the fridge until needed.
- Lets cook: Place a large pan over medium heat and cook the bacon until golden brown and crispy. Transfer the bacon into a heat proof dish. Carefully pour the rendered fat into a bowl, also heat proof. But, do leave a couple TBSP of fat in the pan.
- Over medium-low heat sauté the onions until slightly softened. (If at any time during the cooking process you need more fat, use the bacon fat we set aside.)Then, add the garlic and sauté for one minute. Now, add the peppers and cook until they begin to soften. Transfer the cooked veggies in with the bacon.
- Over medium heat, cook the potatoes with the 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper to taste. Toss and stir until golden brown in color. They don’t have to be fully cooked, remove from the pan when ready. Next, the chorizo. Break it apart and stir. When fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat. Set aside until needed.
- Eggs mixture: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- We will need a 12 in baking dish or oven safe pan. Lightly spray it with non-stick spray. Add and mix in all the cooked ingredients plus 2 cups of the mixed cheese until evenly distributed. Pour in the eggs mixture. Stir the ingredients around, in order to distribute well. Cover with a heat proof lid or aluminum foil (tightly.)
- Bake: in the center of the oven for 45-60 minutes or until eggs are set. When almost done, top the casserole with one additional cup of the mixed cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted and eggs are set.
- Using oven mitts, remove the casserole from the oven. Let is rest for 10 minutes before serving. Top with tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado right before serving. ENJOY!!!
- To freeze: Let the casserole cool down. Cut into individual servings. Store in ziploc bags (food storage bags.) And, freeze.