Healthy Turkey Meatball SoupJump to Recipe
If you enjoyed the video please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel and don’t forget to click the bell icon so you get a notification every time we post a brand new video. Thank you!
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Healthy Turkey Meatball SoupCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Feeling sick? this healthy turkey meatball soup feels like a warm hug. I specially love that this recipe is very easy to make, feel light and is so flavorful. The perfect soup for any given day.
2 lbs ground turkey (93 % lean, 7 % fat)
1 1/2 tsp salt, kosher
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp ground onion
1 tsp ground garlic
2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 medium white onion
3 ea carrots (5 oz)
4 ea celery (5 oz)
8 oz tomatoes (2 roma)
3 ea garlic cloves
1 chayote (15 oz)
2 ea corn on the cob
1 ea zucchini (8 oz)
6 oz green beans
1/2 tsp cumin, ground
1/2 tsp coriander, ground
1/2 tsp marjoram, dry
1 tsp paprika, smoked
1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
4 ea cloves
8 cups water or chicken broth (low sodium)
2 ea bay leaves
5 ea thyme sprigs, fresh
1/4 bunch of cilantro, fresh
Season at the end with salt to taste (2 1/2 tsp kosher salt)
Chile de arbol, broken into pieces
- Prep the veggies: Small dice the onion and tomatoes. Peel the carrots. Cut the carrots and celery into small pieces. Mince the garlic. Medium dice the chayote and zucchini. Cut the corn into medium pieces. Cut the green beans into three sections. Set aside until needed.
- Ground turkey: Mix in the salt, pepper, onion and garlic into the meat until well combined.
- Make the soup: place a large pot over medium heat and sauté the onions in the olive oil until slightly softened. Then, add the celery and carrots. Cook until slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and garlic. Sauté until cooked through. Sprinkle in the spices and stir for 2 minutes. Then add the water. Add the chayote, corn and herbs. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover and cook on a gentle simmer until veggies are half way cooked, about 5 minutes. Now, add the zucchini and green beans.
- Roll the meatballs into desired size. Add into the simmering soup, cover the pot and let it everything cook completely, about 10-15 minutes. Lastly adjust the salt to taste. Turn off the heat and serve.
- Toppings: Chile de arbol (optional), onion, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Mix to combine and ENJOY!!!