Firstly, Let’s talk simple and delicious! yes, these are qualities this salsa macha recipe has. So Any one can make it and enjoy it at home. It is a very spicy one though, and a small amount can go a long way. However,The moment you taste it, you will crave it. but if you don’t have a high tolerance to spicy food, you can always adjust to the amount you can handle. that being said, This is a recipe you definitely want to try, it’s amazing. For all spicy lovers! Be prepared to make this all the time, it’s that good! As a result, You will experience a celebration of flavors and love it instantly.
Things I use this salsa on
Having a salsa macha recipe is always handy If I want to add a kick of heat but not overwhelm an already perfect dish. It has a few ingredients but it’s still flavorful and spicy. After all, its simplicity is a strong quality because it enhances traditional meals, as it preserves important flavors. In fact, This is why I feel it’s perfect for soups (chicken and beef) and pozole (chicken and pork). You can definitely add it to tacos and so many more entrees you feel inspired to add this to. I usually go with my gut and guide myself by memories. If you think about a combination and start drooling, then you might be on to something. So don’t be afraid to get inspired! meanwhile, Just love the process and memorize aromas, textures and flavors. Become passionate about cooking, don’t see it as something you just have to do.
Easy Salsa Macha RecipeCourse: SalsaCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
firstly, Let’s talk simple and delicious! yes, these are qualities this salsa recipe has. Any one can make it and enjoy it at home. This is a very spicy one, as a result, a small amount can go a long way.The moment you taste it, you will crave it.
- If the chilis you are using have a stem, go ahead and remove it. To reduce the heat you can also remove the seeds by cutting them open. Chiles de arbol tend to be spicy, feel free to wear kitchen gloves.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Pour in the oil and allow it to get nice and hot.
- Place the garlic in the oil. Let it soften and become golden brown. About 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the chilis. Keep an eye on them because if they burn it will ruin the salsa by making it extremely bitter. If you need to, lower the heat. As soon as the the chilis release their fragrance remove from the oil, about 1 minute. When transferring them to a heat proof container feel free to carefully remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow the oil, chilis and garlic to cool down to room temperature.
- Transfer everything to the blender including the oil. Additionally, add in the kosher salt and blend until finely chopped but not pureed.
- Pour into an air tight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Feel free to check out the video tutorial below 👇🏻. If you enjoyed the video please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel and don’t forget to click the bell icon so you get a notification every time we post a brand new video. Thank you!!
- Note: The recipe described above is the first salsa macha on the video tutorial.
- Were you wondering If I washed the red chilis? I did. IMPORTANT: water and hot oil DO NOT mix. Rinse them under water and allow them to air dry completely before using. I suggest you do this the day before or as soon as you buy them, then store in an air tight container when dry. You can also clean with a damped paper towel to speed up the process.
- It’s important to make sure the chilis do not burn. Feel free to lower the heat if needed. If they burn, discard and start with a fresh batch because it will turn your salsa extremely bitter.
- You can use any neutral oil for this recipe
🌟PRODUCTS I used for this recipe
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
🛒 Feel free to visit Villa Cocina’s Amazon storefront where you can check out most of our tools or visit our shop page.