Guacamole In A MolcajeteCourse: Sides, AppetizersCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Homemade guacamole is a popular dip or side dish that is traditionally made by mashed avocados. Its distinguished flavor comes to life when sea salt, onion, cilantro, tomato, jalapeño and lime are added, creating a mix that is second to none. Using a mortar and pestle helps release all the natural oils, you know what they say, everything taste better in a molcajete. If you are ready to be blown away, try this recipe and be prepared to love every bit of it.
1/2 cup white onion, large
1/2 cup roma tomato, large
2 TBSP serrano pepper (add as much as you like)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 (1.25 lbs) avocados, large
1/2 lime, juicy
To taste Salt
- Finely dice the onion, serrano peppers and tomatoes. Also finely chop the cilantro.
- Add 2 TBSP of the white onion, the serrano peppers, 2 TBSP from the chopped cilantro to the molcajete. Sprinkle a pinch of salt to help break down the ingredients. Don’t go over board, we will season at the end.
- With the tejolote (pestle) begin mashing the ingredients together until it turns into a paste.
- Add the avocados and mash them in as well, try to preserve some chunks.
- Top with the remainder of the white onion, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and season with salt to taste.
- Fold in and make sure it’s well combined.
- Serve immediately or place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole to keep the air out and store in the refrigerator.
- Pair this guacamole with Carne asada and Mexican Rice
- How to cure a molcajete youtube video: https://youtu.be/KUYfNFUWlXQ
- Amazon links:
🌟PRODUCTS IN THIS VIDEO
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Chefs men/women half apron: https://amzn.to/3cBqQrx
Molcajete 8’’ : https://amzn.to/3lIKdot
Brush Escobeta de Raiz/ Root brush: https://amzn.to/3h5Tvrb