Glazed Chorizo MeatballsJump to Recipe
If you enjoyed the video please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel and don’t forget to click the bell icon so you get a notification every time we post a brand new video. Thank you!
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Glazed Chorizo MeatballsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Appetizers are the best way to get a party started, because they stimulate the appetite of your guest. With the right idea, you can easily impress a crowd. These meatballs are coated in a chipotle orange glaze that sounds fancy, but it’s easy and delicious! Taking the right steps is important because you will obtain the juiciest meatballs anyone can dream off. You will be making them on repeat.
3 ea bread slices
2/3 cup chicken broth, low sodium
1 lb Mexican pork chorizo
1/2 lb ground pork
1/2 white onion, finely diced
1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp ground garlic
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp Mexican dry oregano
2 ea eggs
- Chipotle orange glaze
3/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
1 tsp ground chipotle
3 TBSP golden sugar
*** or sugar alternative ***
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Salt to taste
Cilantro, finely chopped
- Meatballs: Remove and discard the crust from the bread. Dice into small squares and transfer into a bowl. Pour in the broth. Soak for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
- In a separate bowl combine the chorizo (out of its casing and broken apart), ground pork, onion, cilantro, garlic, cumin, oregano, soaked bread, eggs, salt and pepper. First, mix with a spatula. Then; by hand, to make sure everything is well combined. Do not over mix.
- Use a small trigger release scoop to portion the meat out, or eye ball it. Roll into small bite size meatballs and place over a sheet-pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs reach a safe internal temperature of 160°F. But, right before they are done, turn on broiler on high. Allow them to brown and fully cook.
- For the glaze: in a saucepan combine the orange juice, chipotle, sugar, and vinegar. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15-25 minutes or until it reduces down to a glaze consistency. Stir in the salt and set aside to slightly cool.
- In a bowl, toss together the meatballs and glaze until fully coated. Plate, insert a few toothpick and sprinkle chopped cilantro as garnish. Serve warm and enjoy!