Mexican White RiceJump to Recipe
If you enjoyed the video please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel and don’t forget to click the bell icon so you get a notification every time we post a brand new video. Thank you!
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Mexican White RiceCourse: SidesCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Mexican white rice, also known as “Arroz primavera” is fluffy, colorful and full of flavor. This recipe makes the perfect side dish for any of your Mexican food favorites. There is only a few things you need when making perfectly cooked rice. And they are, the right ingredients, love, and the knowledge to follow a few crucial steps. Prepare yourself to make some incredible Mexican white rice, while having fun.
- Rinse and drain the rice. Do this as many times as needed until the water comes out clear. When ready, drain all the water and set aside until needed.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions until slightly softened. Then, add the garlic and sauté for one minute. Add the drained rice and toast for 3-5 minutes, while stirring constantly. Once aromatic and slightly transparent, pour in the broth.
- Add the mixed veggies and bay leaves. Grab the jalapeño, make a cut lengthwise but don’t cut through the stem and add to the pot. Mix in the salt and stir to dissolve. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then, lower to medium-low heat for it to reach a gentle simmer. Add the bunch of cilantro. Cover the pot. Cook until the broth has been completely absorbed and the rice is cooked through. Do not remove the lid at any point. Use a heat proof glass lid; if necessary, in order to monitor the progress.
- Once ready, don’t uncover it. Remove from the heat and let it rest for 5-10 minutes, covered.
- Now, uncover and remove the bay leaves and cilantro. Fluff the rice with a fork or spoon. Carefully, mix in the fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with Chile Colorado, Chile verde, carne asada, or your preferred Mexican dish.