Easy Churros RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy, Medium
Homemade churros are the perfect treat. They are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and the cinnamon sugar creates a distinctive flavor. Accompany them with a sauce or hot beverage like hot chocolate to take your experience to the next level. It’s an easy recipe to make and a hard one to resist.
1/2 cup milk, whole
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter, unsalted
1 tsp sugar.
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup all purpose flour
4 eggs, large (cold)
Vegetable or canola oil to fry the churros
- Cinnamon Sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon, ground
- In a sauce pan combine the milk, water, butter, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir frequently.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the flour with a wooden spoon. Incorporate the flour completely.
- Place back on the stove but this time on low heat and continue stirring for approximately 2 minutes to partially cook the flour and get rid of extra moisture.
- You are looking for the dough to form a smooth ball and a thin film to form on the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. With a paddle attachment mix on medium speed to cool the paste. When the side of the bowl feels warm to the touch, turn the speed to medium low and add 4 large eggs, one at a time. Scrape the bowl as need.
- The dough is ready when the eggs are fully incorporated, the batter is smooth and forms a thick ribbon when lifted.
- Heat 2’’deep of vegetable or canola oil to 350F-375F degrees, over medium heat. Keep the oil temperature between 350F-375F degrees while frying with the help of a deep fry thermometer.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large open star tip (1M Wilton); fill the bag half way.
- Pipe the dough a few inches above the oil and cut the ends off with kitchen scissors. Try not to overcrowd the pot.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Transfer them to a plate lined with a paper towel and then roll/cover in cinnamon sugar.
- Allowing the paste to cook is very important because if we add the eggs while it is still hot, the mix will cook the eggs.
- Add the eggs to the dough one at the time and stop as soon as you have the desired consistency.
- You can make the churros any size you like, these are about 6’’ in length.
- Pair these churros with Salted ganache
- Amazon links:
🌟PRODUCTS IN THIS VIDEO
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Wilton decorating bag, 16inch: https://amzn.to/3dHItHy
OXO good grip kitchen scissors: https://amzn.to/2UetjC0
OXO 11-inch balloon whisk: https://amzn.to/2Y7esKM
Wilton 1M open star piping tip: https://amzn.to/3eVT9T0
Chefs men/women half apron: https://amzn.to/3cBqQrx
OXO 6-inch fine mesh strainer: https://amzn.to/3h1pDNs