If you want to make an easy, yet flavorful meal, chicken fajitas is the way to go. This is such an easy 30 minute recipe with an amazing marinade and only a few steps to follow. It’s a very popular dish that everyone has most likely eaten at least once at a Mexican restaurant and now you can make it at home. Once your fajitas as done, you can serve by simply making some delicious tacos or turn it into an entree accompanied by a delicious Mexican rice and salad. Whatever your choice is, you are going to love it!
The bells peppers:
Fajitas is such an exciting recipe to make because its full of flavor and looks so good. Personally I like to use different colored bell peppers because it adds contrast and life to the meal. On a side note, you can also get creative and use a poblano pepper or even jalapeños. As you can tell, the options are endless and your creativity will flourish whiling cooking these chicken fajitas.
Bell pepper flavor profile
These chicken fajitas can be made with both the breast or thigh part of the poultry.
- The breast: area is lean and if cooked to the correct internal temperature of 165F degrees, it will be very juicy. Note: If using chicken breast, slice in half lengthwise to cut down on cooking time.
- The thighs: area is considered dark meat. This particular cut does have more fat than white meat and boast of more flavor and tenderness.
The cooking process of browning
Browning creates depth of flavor and changes the color of the meat to a “brown” color. When it comes to chicken, we want a nice golden brown color on the outside but allow it to cook completely.
Tips when browning
- Pull the chicken out of the refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking so it can warm up at room temperature.
- Make sure the pan is hot when you add the chicken.
- Try to avoid overcrowding the pan to prevent stewing.
- Try not to move the chicken unless it is time to turn, so the other side browns as well.
Keep the browning at the bottom of the pan because it will get picked up by the vegetable mix.
Pan you should use
A cast iron skillet is perfect for making fajitas but if you don’t have one you can use a stainless steel pan.
Accompany these chicken fajitas with:
Feel free to check the video tutorial below the directions↓
If you enjoyed the video please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel and don’t forget to click the bell icon so you get a notification every time we post a brand new video. Thank you!!
*** Disclaimer: (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
🛒 Feel free to visit Villa Cocina’s Amazon storefront where you can check out most of our tools or visit our shop page.